- Marshmallows - they need to be large ones (though not necessarily this big!)
- Sprinkle and toppings
- Chocolate or melting candy drops
- Paper straws (we got ours from Sainsburys)
- Break up the choocolate ready for melting. Melt in the microwave or use the bain marie method. Leave to cool for a few minutes after melting so the chocolate isn't too hot.
- Take a marshmallow and make a small slit in the bottom with a knife and then push the straw in until it's secure. When you've done that to all the marshmallows you're using wrap them or put them in a container and place in the freezer for five minutes. This will ensure that the marshmallow is bonded to the straw.
- Dip the marshmallow in the slightly cooled chocolate to coat the top half, you might need a knife or small spatula to make sure this is smooth and neat.
- Then top with your chosen sprinkles, we had sugar stars, hundreds and thousands and popping candy.
- TOP TIP
- While the chocolate hardens, put the straws upright into playdoh pots!
When they are ready all you need to do is enjoy eating them!
They would make great gifts if you wrapped them in cellophane.
Make sure you store them in an airtight container and eat within a few days of making them.
Pin me for later